Superman Digital Movement

Every man dies, but not every man truly lives.

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Update

This is just an update for any one who wants to know how we're doing. As i said in my last blog, we've been to some cool places where we really felt the presence of God. Since then we have gone to an awesome church called Reality Carpinteria twice. First my dad shared at the youth group on Wednesday and then also at the "Night for the Nations" on Thursday. Both times were great. on thursday night we had a great time praying for the HIV crisis across Africa. My dad did an AWESOME job speaking at both places and the wonderful people at Reality were really touched and appreciative. I love Reality. The name of their church says it all: they create such a real environment and are living in so much more reality than the people around them. Thankyou Reality Carpinteria!

Another update: If you read Skyler's blog you will have read that he got a new guitar!! We've been waiting for the right one for a good price and it finally came. I dont know the exact model number but it's a Taylor (I think it's a 310CE). It's Beautiful! Thank you Lord!

Also...I'd just like to say that so far on this trip, i have had great chances to learn more about worshiping with the djemb. At almost every church we've been to, I've been asked to play the djembe! It's been fun. I love how naturally all this exposure to music comes. I learn so much more every time.

Lastly: I GOT A HAIR CUT! Finally. Long hair was getting annoying. So...it's gone! my hairs pretty short but not buzzed. I love it! Now i can dry it with onesweep of a towel, spend way less time taking care of it, play sports without it bugging me, and most importantly, I get to call Leighton and Skyler "mop-heads" and "hippies!"

(sorry that i dont have pictures, we're just less organized while we're on furlough so it's not as easy).

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey chase

hi its isa from reality carp and i just wnted to say thanks for all the good words about reality. we were so blessed to have you and your family here. you guys are so awesome for the work youdo in africa and i would totally love to learn more. well i wish you guys were staying in carp longer but yeah. god bless and i am praying for you guys all the time.
bye

(you might not remember but i was the girl that was with the torres when you guys dropped by)

7:54 PM  
Blogger Pam Markley said...

Dude! A haircut!

And I am singing at church in worship this week.

What is the world coming to???

Can't wait to see the new look. Praying for the family!

6:12 AM  
Blogger Trevor Borden said...

Freedom!! I was so happy when i finally cut my hair. Chase I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOU HERE!

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home