Superman Digital Movement

Every man dies, but not every man truly lives.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Braces?!

I have finally come to the point where I can’t deny the obvious any longer. I need braces. We knew that since I was a kid, but we always kind of put it off. The other day we went to see an orthodontist and he made clear to us what was going on.First we'll have to go to Nairobi to get this special x-ray to see what’s going on with my wisdom teeth. If I have them, I will have to get them pulled. As far as the braces themselves go, it’s disappointing. When we grew up in Kenya our family got fluoride on our teeth from the water. We never thought that was a big deal, as it just gives you some yellow lines on your teeth. Little did we know that that fluoride might make me look a whole lot weirder when I get braces. This is the reason: the normal braces, called bonds, might not stick to my teeth enough because of the fluoride. If they don’t hold I will have to replace the bonds with bands. Bands are like big silver bands that cover most of the tooth (making it look a lot weirder) and, although they are stronger and therefore work faster, they are more uncomfortable and take longer to get used to. So, I’m pretty much dreading the time when I will have to really face the braces themselves. I’m hoping that we can postpone the timing a little so that I wont have them when we go to America. Anyway, pray for some kind of a miraculous movement in my mouth so that I wont have to get these dreaded braces:)! And if I do, pray that the bonds will hold so I don’t have to get bands.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahaha its funny how much you know about them and fear them.
lol

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Braces Are tons of fun NOT
good luck

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey chase...
no worries. weird is good. but i will pray. it would be a pain to have the big band kind...have you ever seen them?
man you dont know how excited i am to see you all! SO EXCITED! and SO EXCITED to be back in africa. I am jealous of my parents who are there now!
love to you and your family!
jesse

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats too bad you might get braces.
im lucky cause ive never needed them.
i hope it goes well.
i love the way jesse said weird is good. haha
he knows it all.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Pam Markley said...

Chase! Have no fear, I had braces twice...and reconstructive surgery on the jaw...not because of the braces!

Better lay off the no bakes though, you might get more discoloration. You will just have to bring them to my house!

Praying for movement in the mouth and in the soul.

12:41 PM  
Blogger Pam Markley said...

First. Blame Lisa Borden. She started it! Second, YOU'RE IT! You have been tagged. You now have to write 5 things that we don't know about you on your blog! Then tag four other people! no worries though, your luck won't change if you don't participate and we will all still know that you love us! Hurry up friend...your audience awaits!

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home