Superman Digital Movement

Every man dies, but not every man truly lives.

Monday, November 06, 2006

Remember

For a long time, I felt like I was striving and striving for a place of peace and joy (a fruitful, abundant season) in my walk with God. I was trying to be more and more intimate with Him, learn more about Him, and enjoy the fruitfulness of that. But it seemed like, although I was after the right things, I was never as happy or satisfied as I hoped I would be. Also, it was almost like I was trying to convince myself that I was happy and satisfied and had a great relationship with God, when I wasn’t really sure that I did…does that make sense? Anyway, that way of thinking is no longer a reality.

Just the other day, I was hit with the fact of how satisfied and happy I was with my circumstances and myself. I felt an uncontrollable joy with where I was, and an irrepressible thankful praise to God and who He had become to me. Things that kept me down before, like no friends my age, adjustment to Arusha, worrying of circumstances, etc., had simply vanished before my eyes. It was one of those answers to prayer God does that can easily escape you if you forget to look back and remember your prayers, and see how God has answered them. So right now, I am in an abundant season that I have been waiting for for a long time.

I think this new season has to do mostly with the mind and where you place your thoughts. Lately, I’ve been learning the importance of your mental choices. In my case, it was worrying. I found that there is always something you can worry about if you chose to pursue it. On the other hand, there is always something you can rejoice about and give thanks to God for.

So I just wanted to remind everyone to look back and remember what you prayed for to see how God is working in your life. Secondly I wanted to remind you to control your thoughts and choices, setting them to a goal of a positive attitude.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Is so much Like me I worry sosososo much

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder, Chaser.

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home