Superman Digital Movement

Every man dies, but not every man truly lives.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The Little Stars



This is a team here in Arusha called Nyota Ndogo, which Skyler is playing on. Nyota Ndogo means little stars, and I don't know why they call themselves that, they're not so small and they're really good. For their age, they're one of the best, if not the best, in Arusha. The picture of them in the jerseys is at a tournament in Arusha. Wild Hope International is like sponsoring this team so we got those jerseys from some guys that donated from America, bought the team cleats and stuff like that. They're really cool guys and really fun to hang out with. The coolest part is how the language barrier is getting smaller and smaller, especially for Skyler since he spends more time with them.

Anyway, My family has been telling me that I should go with Skyler to play with them. I wasn't big enough when I came, but I've done some growing. So yesterday I finally went to the practice. It was great, as I knew it would be. It was weird; I just didn't want to go even though I knew it would be fun. It was a lot easier to say I had bunch of homework and stay home. But I decided to go for it and I'm glad I did. I felt really good about the way I played. So hopefully I'll play with them on a regular basis now.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't wait to be able to speak swahili!! i've been taking it as a class this year for homeschool and my dad is helping me out. i've been walking aound the house yelling out things like "usipige mwalimu!" you need to put some photos up of you jumping on your piki. i can't wait to be with you man!

10:54 AM  
Blogger Superman Digital Movement said...

That's soooo cool that you're already learning Swahili. You'll learn fast. I want to put some pics of the piki jumps up too, and i told sky to bring the camera next time we go. So hopefully I'll have some up soon.

10:53 PM  
Anonymous Lydia Kiros said...

Hey Chase! This is Lydia back from PMH. My friend Fikir found your blog and I just wanted to say hey..long time no see/talk=)

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home