Superman Digital Movement

Every man dies, but not every man truly lives.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Piki-Pikis



Wow! Man, piki pikis (motorcycles) are awesome! I've always wanted to learn how to ride one, and I new it would be fun, but I had know idea how fun it could and would be. My first experience on riding a kind of motorcycle was in Oregon on a little four-wheeler. Well basically what happened...I hit a mailbox! I couldn't believe it! My first time driving a motorcycle and it ended by me hitting a mailbox, after everyone told me, "Oh, its easy! You'll do fine." The crash (if that's what you would call it) also broke something, I don't remember what, on the bike. Anyway, this first experience didn't really encourage me. I wondered if riding pikis would just be another thing that I decided wasn't my thing. But my desire to ride pikis didn't go away. This move to Tanzania re-umphed it. But after several months of waiting for the right bike to buy, that desire started becoming more of a dream that kept eluding me. However, when we finally got the bike, it was worth every second of the wait. And I had no unusual awkwardness on the bike. In fact, I learned very fast. I've only been out riding it about a dozen times, over a couple of months, and I'm already learning how to jump! I know, I shocked me too, but I can't be half way about it. The most dangerous thing is to be hesitant. If you're hesitant and don't give it enough gas, you'll land on the front wheel; not very comfortable, and not very good for the bike. So I'm still practicing and getting better, but I think I get the basic idea.
My point is, I've become addicted to this gift of a motorcycle God has given me and my brother, and I can't wait to learn more on about it, and also how to do more on it.

2 Comments:

Blogger lisa said...

Hey Chase! Good to see you're up and running :-)
You and Skyler can change your settings so that anyone can comment. Otherwise Jesse and Trevor can't comment cuz they aren't bloggers from this system. Have fun!

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm glad to see that you have recovered from your initial crash experience. You'll probably have a few more now that you are flying through the air. Just part of the game. Sounds like you are having way too much fun. Take care.

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home